NEW: Request an Event Meeting with SABO
We are excited to announce that you can now make an online request to meet with a SABO staff member to discuss events that involve collecting money, either for your organization or a charity. These meetings result in your organization receiving the knowledge, tools, and equipment you will need to run a financially sound event an meet all university policies.
What types of events do I need to have a meeting for?
In general, you should meet with a staff member whenever your organization is collecting money from a sale. Popular events include:
- Clothing Sales
- Food Sales
- Merchandise Sales
Events that DO NOT need a event meeting are:
- Dues Collection
- Events where a third party collects funds and your group receives a portion (ex. Blaze Pizza, Sweet Madeline's, Yankee Candle)
How Do I request a Meeting?
- Log on to our Event System using your NetID and password.
- Fill out each field requesting basic information about your event.
- Select two dates/times you are available to meet with a staff member. Please make sure the request is during SABO's hours of business and follow any additional guidelines that are listed at the bottom of the form.
- Once you submit the form, you will receive an email within one business day confirming or denying your request. If your request is denied, a staff member will contact you directly to establish a meeting time that works for both parties.
The Student Activities Business Office (SABO) offers financial event support to organizations with a SABO bank account. SABO provides event equipment, supplies and guidance. In order to take advantage of our services, an organization must have an active unrestricted bank account with SABO that is not restricted.
The following is a list of items available for organizations to use:
Event Services Provided:
|• After Hours Deposit Bags|
|• Cash Boxes|
|• Change Funds|
|• Deposit Bags|
|• Hand Stamps|
|• Inventory Sheet|
|• Printed Receipts|
|• Tally Sheets|
|• Ticket Rolls (Single & Double)|
Printed tickets are available to student organizations with an active SABO bank account.
Printed tickets are ideal for large sales, exclusive events or for events where it would be beneficial for the organization to have a head count prior to the event. SABO provides tickets that are specially customized for each event. Student organizations can choose to design the tickets themselves or they can work with a SABO staff member for input and guidance. Printed Ticket Forms are available at SABO. Please ask a staff member for the form and we will be happy to assist you.
- The Printed Tickets Form must be turned in at least one week prior to tickets going on sale.
- Advance sale tickets are not meant to be altered. If you make a sale that differs from the information on the ticket, you will have to make a manual receipt.
- Periodic deposits should be made to your SABO bank account during the time printed tickets are being sold. Deposits made during a sale do not need to be verified until after the sale.
- All unsold tickets are to be returned to the Business Office at the end of the event. This will serve as verification for all deposits made during the sale.
If you have any questions regarding Printed Tickets, please contact our office: call us at 860-486-3163; email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or come to the office directly (SU 314).