Advantages of Having a SABO Account:
|• No minimum balance|
|• No service fees|
|• No holds on deposits|
|• Event services and supplies|
|• Budgetary advice|
|• Bookkeeping instruction|
|• Accounting assistance|
|• Competitive interest rates|
|• Personal attention|
In order to open or reactivate an organization’s SABO account:
- The CFO must attend CFO SOLID training, if they have not done so in the past.
- The CFO, COO, SEC and Advisor must be listed on UConntact.
- If you choose to have a 4th Executive Officer as a signatory, he/she must be listed on UConntact under Executive Officer and have accepted his/her position on UConntact.
Opening an Account
The first step to opening an account with SABO is to register your organization on UConntact as a Tier II organization. UConntact is maintained by the Student Activities Involvement Office (SU Room 302). You will need to submit a constitution and an organization roster to the Involvement Office. See the Involvement Office with questions about registering your organization.
Once you are fully registered with the Involvement Office, stop by the Business Office to pick up an Accounting Contract/Signature Sheet and a Beneficiary Designation form. These documents are also available online on the Forms/Financial Tools page.
Student organizations that choose to have an account with the Student Activities Business Office (SABO) must complete and submit an Accounting Contract/Signature Sheet to SABO every year. The Accounting Contract/Signature Sheet is effective from July 1 (or the date it is approved by the office) and expires on June 30 each year. Student organizations are also required to complete a Beneficiary Designation form (which is valid for 5 years).
Reactivating an Account
The first step to reactivating an account with SABO is to re-register your organization on UConntact, which is maintained by the Student Activities Involvement Office (SU Room 302). See the Involvement Office with questions about re-registering your organization.
All Tier II Organizations must complete the following:
- The Accounting Contract/Signature Sheet for the current fiscal year.
- The Beneficiary Designation form (if current form is older than 5 years).
- The CFO should pick up their CFO Packet, if they did not retain it over the summer.
- The CFO must attend the “Organizational Financial Management” CFO SOLID Workshop for Tier II organizations, if they have not done so in the past.
- Documents to reactivate your SABO account can be be found on the Forms/Financial Tools page, or at the Business Office.
Area Councils: The Accounting Contract/Signature Sheet will need at least three signatures: Chief Financial Officer (CFO/Treasurer), Chief Organization Officer (COO/President) and Hall Director. If the Advisor is the Assistant Hall Director, not the Hall Director, that person must be listed as the Advisor on UConntact and complete the appropriate section on the Accounting Contract/Signature Sheet. Be sure each member signs his/her most natural signature, as these will be used to validate each Disbursement Request that is submitted.
Tier II Organizations: The Accounting Contract/Signature Sheet will need at least four signatures: Advisor, Chief Financial Officer (CFO/Treasurer), Chief Organization Officer (COO/President) and Secretary (SEC). It is strongly recommended that each organization has a fourth Executive Officer as a signatory; this person must be listed on UConntact under Executive Officer. Be sure each member signs his/her most natural signature, as these will be used to validate each Disbursement Request that is submitted.